University of Reading Summer Undergraduate Research Opportunities (UROP)
for Exchange Students
The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme (UROP) offers undergraduate students the chance to gain hands-on research experience on projects covering all disciplines across University.
The scheme provides exciting opportunities for undergraduate students in the middle years of their degree (i.e. not first or final year students) to work on real research projects alongside academic researchers at the university. Our research projects last six weeks over the summer break, or can be part-time over a longer period, and those students involved with the scheme will receive a bursary of £1,320. UROP has been in place at Reading since 2006 and has supported over 600 students to date. The scheme is managed by Careers and is financed by the University, with additional support from Schools and Departments.
Campus life at the University of Reading has much to offer our 17,500 students. Contemporary study facilities, halls of residence, support services, cafés and bars are centrally located on one of the most attractive university campuses in the UK.
All this is just a short walk or ride from the centre of Reading with its lively mix of culture, nightlife, shops and eating-places. For those preferring country pursuits, the Chiltern Hills and the River Thames are close by. Excellent transport links put Oxford, London and Heathrow within easy reach.
Reading Exchange Partner Information Sheet 2019-20.pdf
Reading Brochure Study-in-the-heart-of-England.pdf
Ms. Colleen Larson
Global Education Advisor, Office of Global Engagement
Global Engagement Building
1324 S. Lumpkin Street
Athens, GA 30602
Schedule an OGE Exchange Advising Appointment - Zoom Appts Available
UROP provides students with the opportunity to gain real research experience with an academic at the university. Each six-week project has been specially designed to provide a genuine insight into the research environment and can make a significant contribution to your transferable skills and employability. By undertaking a research project you can:
2019 Research Opportunities
- Develop or boost your research skills;
- make a significant contribution to your personal and professional development;
- Increase awareness of research either in your academic field or in a new area together with associated techniques;
- Gain valuable employment skills, experience for your CV/Resume and personal development;
- Learn more about what academic careers are like while gaining skills that are useful for any career path;
- Be treated as an important member of the team, working alongside University staff, Master's students and PhD students;
- Use your placement hours and training towards the RED Award;
- Have UROP recognised on your diploma supplement annex.
View Previous Placements
Students receive 15 ECTS credits from Reading for 6-7 US credits
See Full Semester UGA Exchange Option at UGA Exchange - University of Reading
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- UGA student in good academic standing
Summer UROP Exchange Students may apply for self-catered Reading on-campus housing