UGA Foundation Incentive Scholarships: UGA Cortona
GUIDELINES AND ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICATION
- An applicant must be a non-transient, degree-seeking major at the University of Georgia and completed at least one semester as an undergraduate or graduate student at UGA prior to taking part in a study abroad program.
- An applicant must be in good standing at the time of submission of this application as well as during any semester s/he is to receive scholarship funds. Preference will be given to applicants with a 2.5 cumulative grade point average or higher.
- An applicant must be enrolled for at least 10 credit hours during the semester of application, and an applicant is expected to take an appropriate full-course load (3 hours for a Fall/Spring break; 6-9 hours for summer; 12-15 hours for fall and spring) during the study abroad experience.
- An applicant must have a COMPLETED PROGRAM APPLICATION for an UGA Cortona study abroad program in the StudyAway Portal.
Scholarships are merit based, with a need component; therefore:
5. An applicant must complete the ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION in the StudyAway Portal (studyaway.uga.edu) to be
considered for the award. The application shall include the following information:
- ONE-PAGE ESSAY - Outlines your educational, personal, and professional goals and explains, in turn, how these connect to your plans for study abroad.
- An applicant is highly encouraged to file for a Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA form – that is, a FAFSA based on taxes filed in January of the previous year. Once the FAFSA has assessed your financial need, that summary is sent to the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid, where it becomes a part of your record in ATHENA, or your Awards Overview.
- To qualify for scholarship consideration, applicants must upload an ATHENA "Award Overview" for the current academic year.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: If you have not yet filed a FAFSA for this current academic year, we recommend you to file for this assessment well before the scholarship deadline.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR APPLICATION
Along with your completed scholarship application, provide only:
- One PDF upload of your current academic year Award Overview from ATHENA. Follow these instructions:
- Log in to ATHENA and select "Financial Aid."
- Select "Award."
- Select "Award for Aid Year."
- Select the second tab, "Award Overview."
- Save the full "Award Overview" page as a PDF file.
- Upload this file to your program application.
2. One completed program application for a UGA Cortona study abroad program in the StudyAway Portal
3. One Essay (per scholarship) - Instructions are provided within the scholarship application in the StudyAway portal
OTHER CORTONA-SPECIFIC FUNDING:
Check out the UGA Cortona Endowed Scholarships offered through Franklin Arts & Sciences and the Lamar Dodd School of Art at https://cortona.uga.edu/scholarships
ADDITIONAL FUNDING INFORMATION: OGE Funding and Scholarships page
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Click the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this page.
We look forward to reviewing your application!