The International Business & Humanities May Term Program at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) is a great option for students looking for a 3 week program in May. Choose from courses like Spanish Civilization & Culture, Managerial Skills for International Business, or Moderinisme: Art Nouveau and Architecture for a summer you’ll never forget!
This program is perfect for those looking to get their feet wet on a global scale. The chance to learn from an entirely new perspective is priceless…especially in the field of business. You will take courses in English or Spanish for your major, minor, or general education requirements that are customized for study abroad students.
- Minimum G.P.A. Requirement: 2.75
- Class Requirement: Sophomore-Senior Standing
- Language Requirement: Although helpful, no previous Spanish language knowledge is required.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Established in 1960, the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) is one of the most dynamic universities in Spain. The UAB has been ranked in the top 30 young universities around the world and has received a prestigious award for sustainability.
The UAB has a strong focus on International Business and Economics, but also offers a wide variety of courses that revolve around the history and society of Barcelona, Spain, and Europe from different perspectives. These courses will allow you to delve into politics, literature, arts, architecture, sociology, and history. The UAB also offers Spanish Language courses for all levels.
The UAB’s Barcelona campus is specially designed for international students and you will share the campus with students from the United States, Egypt, Brazil, Russia, China, Northern Europe, and other areas around the world.
The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) and Barcelona SAE have worked hard to create a study abroad program that allows you to earn credits in your major, minor, or electives. The courses are especially designed for international students, meaning that you will be able to take courses in English and/or have the advantage of learning in Spanish at a pace for non-native or fluent speakers.
The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) is recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education as a degree granting institution of higher learning. After completing a Barcelona SAE program at the UAB, the transcript will be sent directly to the student’s home institution.
Before you go abroad, Barcelona SAE strongly recommends that you meet with the study abroad office and/or your academic advisor at your home institution. After your acceptance into the program, you will be required to submit a “Approval Contact for Study Abroad” form that will automatically inform your home institution of your intent to participate on a Barcelona SAE program. With that said, we suggest that students are as transparent as possible about their plans and make an appointment with their study abroad office immediately after submitting their Barcelona SAE application.
The earlier that students plan for their study abroad experience, the easier it will be to get all of their courses pre-approved and know exactly what transfer credit will be received at their home institution. Please remember that it is best to get multiple first and second choice courses pre-approved for your Barcelona SAE program, as this will give you some flexibility in setting up your class schedule. Don’t just think about the courses that are required for your major or minor, but also courses that can fulfill your general education or elective requirements.
Your courses will be taught in English or Spanish and will primarily be lectures with some teamwork involved. Students will be in class at the UAB with other international students.
For the Barcelona SAE International Business & Humanities May Term Program at the UAB, students can choose one of the following three courses:
- Spanish Civilization & Culture
- Managerial Skills for International Business
- Modernisme: Art Nouveau and Architecture
- Please note that not all courses listed above will be offered every summer, and the list above are courses and/or subject areas that have been offered in the past by the host institution. Institutions in Barcelona often do not finalize course listings until the beginning of the term, and as such, this list will be updated as the host institution provides additional information.
- For a complete listing of courses that will occur during your specific summer abroad at the UAB, please contact your Barcelona SAE Advisor.
- Once students have enrolled in courses at the UAB, there is a 100 EUR penalty for dropping a course if that student does not replace those lost credits with an equivalent amount.
The International Business & Humanities May Term Program at the UAB Includes:
Countdown to Barcelona:
While in Barcelona:
- One Year Digital Subscription to the New York Times
- Group Webinar and Pre-Departure Preparation
- Personalized Advising
Cultural & Social Activities:
- UAB Tuition and Fees
- Official University Transcript from Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Airport Pick-Up (Must Arrive BEFORE 12:00pm on Program Start Date)
- Logistical & Cultural Orientations
- Housing for the Duration of Program (Homestays include Breakfast/Dinner!)
- Comprehensive Medical & Accident Insurance
- 24-Hour Emergency Support
- English-Speaking Staff
For Continued Success After the Program:
- The Barcelona SAE Bucket List
- Day Trip Outside of Barcelona (Besalú, Figueres, Montserrat, Girona, etc.)
- Weekly Cultural Agenda (The Local Perspective of What’s Happening Each Week!)
- Weekly Cultural Activities (Cooking Classes, Dance Lessons, Barrio Tours, and MORE!)
- Cultural Mentor Program
- Welcome Activity
- Re-Entry Workshop & Farewell Meal
…and SO MUCH MORE!
- Alumni & Career Services
- Invitation to Barcelona SAE’s LinkedIn Alumni Group
- Opportunity to Apply for Barcelona SAE’s “Best of the Best” Internship Program
- Opportunity to Apply to be a “Barcelona SAE Campus Ambassador Intern” on Your Home Campus
- Invitations to Study Abroad & Internship Returnee Conferences Throughout the U.S.
The Program Does Not Include:
- Round-Trip Airfare to/from Barcelona
- Visa Costs (If Applicable)
- Mobile Phones & Charges
- Local Transportation
- Personal Items
So…what are you waiting for? APPLY TODAY and get ready to embark on the Barcelona experience of a lifetime!