- A unique opportunity to explore the rich culture and history of Italy while learning about food and nutrition. You'll better understand the food, nutrition and culture of Italy by spending time in beautiful cities including Rome, Florence, Bologna, Venice and Verona.
- Some of the exciting planned excursions and events include visits to the Coliseum, Sistine Chapel, Juliet's balcony and many more.
- Students will also tour wineries and various food factories, visit a pasta museum and an olive oil mill, attend a cooking class with gourmet chefs and visit local food markets.
Led by College of Family and Consumer Sciences Associate Professor, Dr. Jamie Cooper. The study abroad will be 6 credit hours. The program will run from May 7-May 27, 2018.
• 19 Nights in Rome, Siena, Florence, Bologna, Verona, and Venice Mestre
• Breakfast each morning
• Welcome and Departure Dinners
• 12 Academic excursions and activities
• Tuscan Cooking Class
• 11 Cultural excursions and activities
• Guided tours of Rome, the Coliseum, Siena, Florence, Verona, and Venice
• Entrance to Roman Forum and Palantine Hill, Villa D'Este, Vatican Museums, Grotte di Catullo
• Transportation within Italy
NUTRITION EDUCATION MAYMESTER COURSES
• FDNS 4630/6630 Cultural Aspects of Food and Nutrition
• FDNS 5710 Study Tour in Foods and Nutrition
Enrollment is limited to 16 qualified students. For information about the application process, contact Jamie Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COSTS AND PAYMENT
Program fees are subject to change due to currency exchange fluctuations, but are anticipated to be approximately $3625.00. Additional costs include UGA in-state tuition and fees, personal items and international airfare.