UGA OGE General
This application is valid for several Global Education Scholarships offered by the UGA Office of Global Engagement. You only need to complete the application once to be eligible for all of the OGE General Scholarships.
- 1. Apply to these scholarships by clicking the Apply Now button next to the Program Terms on the OGE General Scholarships Page on the StudyAway Portal: Apply Here
- 2. Complete the application in its entirety. Make sure that everything is checked off appropriately.
- 3. The are two deadlines, Spring and Early Summer in October and Summer and Fall in February.
The OGE will select study abroad scholarship recipients for a variety of scholarships, including the OGE Global Education Fellowship, OGE-Alumni Fellowship, Barstow Scholarship for Biological Sciences, Michael F. Adams and Mary E. Adams Study Abroad Scholarship, Katherine John Murphy Scholarship, and general OGE Study Abroad Scholarships which may be available.
For more information on each of the scholarships: Read More.
Eligibility: The UGA Office of Global Engagement was awarded $200,000 from the Freeman Foundation to provide grants for professional experience in Southeast Asia. The objective of this grant is to fund international internships where the students will receive academic credit for the internship. Currently enrolled UGA undergraduate or graduate students are eligible. Internships/Volunteer opportunities MUST last for a minimum of 4 weeks and MUST earn academic credit for the internship. There is no maximum limit on internship/volunteer duration. Internships/volunteer program MUST be conducted in Southeast Asia. You MUST be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Amount: The award amount for this grant is up to $5,000 per student.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed upon completion. There may be multiple deadlines in one semester, check the actual application page for updated deadlines. You must apply at least one month in advance of your internship start date, and before the final deadline. Each student may only submit one application by the final deadline.
Preference is given to students traveling to Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam, but scholarships may be considered for students interning in other countries within Asia, as well.
For full descriptions of each of the available funds, please select the links below:
- Woodlands Fund – https://oxford.uga.edu/scholarships#woodlands
- Judith D. Shaw Fund – https://oxford.uga.edu/scholarships#shaw
- John David Bradshaw Fund – https://oxford.uga.edu/scholarships#bradshaw
- Ploughman Fund – https://oxford.uga.edu/scholarships#ploughman
Scholarships are based on both need and merit.
You can apply for one or all of these scholarships at once by selecting the appropriate options within the Oxford Endowed Scholarships application.